When you have the 2FA feature enabled (click here), you will either be requested to type in a 6-Digit Code or an OTP Backup Token.
As for the 6-Digit Code, you should find it under 'Earth 2' in your Authenticator App. Please note that these codes have a 30-second timer. This means that once a code is generated, you have 30 seconds to use it. After this time, it will expire, and another will be generated in its place.
If you are informed that your 6-Digit Code is incorrect, please confirm the following steps:
- Clear your browser caches, cookies and try logging in with Incognito Mode. (if you're not sure how to do so, let us know which device you use to log into Earth 2)
- Make sure that the 6-digit code you get from the Authenticator App is entered code before it expires (the codes change every 30 seconds).
- The time on your device is correct for your local time zone. If the time is not set up properly, the codes might not work.
If your 6-digit code is still incorrect (or the code is not accepted) after checking the steps above, please confirm the Authenticator App you are using back to us and send us additional screenshots showcasing the issue.
In case you are using the Google Authenticator App, you can try to sync your device:
* On your Android device, open the Google Authenticator app.
* In the top right, select More (three dots).
* Select “settings”.
* Select “Time correction for codes”
* Select “Sync now”.
* On the next screen, the app confirms the time is synced. You can use your verification codes to sign in.
* Going to the device’s ”settings” menu.
* Select “general”
* Select “date and time”
* Select “automatically"
* If the toggle was already set to “automatically” toggle off, then on again.
* Finally, restart your device.
The sync only affects the internal time of your Google Authenticator app. Your device’s date & time settings will not be affected.
We advise you to generate the OTP Backup tokens (8-digit code) when you first enable the 2FA on the Earth 2 website as these can be used as a recovery option when you lose access to the 6-Digit code (manage 2FA option in Settings). When you generate them, we advise that you print them or note them down somewhere safe. You will not be able to access them again and each code can only be used once. If you have forgotten these or don't have them noted somewhere, you will not be able to access them without first logging into your account.
Most 2FA applications set up a way for you to back up your codes, and in most cases, it is via a login and password.