The 6-Digit Code, you should find it under 'Earth 2' in your Authenticator App. Please note that these codes have a 30-second timer. This means that once a code is generated, you have 30 seconds to use it. After this time, it will expire, and another will be generated in its place.
If you are informed that your 6-Digit Code is incorrect, please confirm the following steps:
- Clear your browser caches, cookies and try logging in with Incognito Mode. (if you're not sure how to do so, let us know which device you use to log into Earth 2)
- Make sure that the 6-digit code you get from the Authenticator App is entered code before it expires (the codes change every 30 seconds).
- The time on your device is correct for your local time zone. If the time is not set up properly, the codes might not work.
In case you are using the Google Authenticator App, you can try to sync your device:
* On your Android device, open the Google Authenticator app.
* In the top right, select More (three dots).
* Select “settings”.
* Select “Time correction for codes”
* Select “Sync now”.
* On the next screen, the app confirms the time is synced. You can use your verification codes to sign in.
* Going to the device’s ”settings” menu.
* Select “general”
* Select “date and time”
* Select “automatically"
* If the toggle was already set to “automatically” toggle off, then on again.
* Finally, restart your device.
The sync only affects the internal time of your Google Authenticator app. Your device’s date & time settings will not be affected.
If your 6-digit code is still incorrect (or the code is not accepted) after checking the steps above, please confirm the Authenticator App you are using back to us and send us additional screenshots showcasing the issue so our support team can take a closer look.