When you have the 2FA feature enabled (click here), you will either be requested to type in a 6-Digit Code or an OTP Backup Token.
We advise you generate the OTP Backup tokens (8 digit code) when you first enable the 2FA on the Earth 2 website (manage 2FA option in Settings). When you generate them, we advise that you print them or note them down somewhere safe. You will not be able to access them again and they can only be used once. If you have forgotten these or don't have them noted somewhere, you will not be able to access them without first logging into your account. Most 2FA applications set up a way for you to back up your codes, and in most cases, it is via a login and password.
As for the 6-Digit Code, you should find it under 'Earth 2' in your Authenticator App. Please note that these codes have a 30-second timer. This means that once a code is generated, you have 30 seconds to use it. After this time, it will expire, and another will be generated in its place.
If you are informed that your code is incorrect, please confirm whether:
- You entered the code before it expired.
- The time on your device is correct for your local time zone.
- Make sure to clear your browser caches, cookies and try logging in with Incognito Mode.
If your code is still incorrect, sync your Android device:
- On your Android device, open the Google Authenticator app.
- In the top right, select More (three dots).
- Select “settings”.
- Select “Time correction for codes”
- Select “Sync now”.
On the next screen, the app confirms the time is synced. You can use your verification codes to sign in. The sync only affects the internal time of your Google Authenticator app. Your device’s date & time settings will not be affected.
iOS devices can be synced by:
- Going to the device’s ”settings” menu.
- Select “general”
- Select “date and time”
- Select “automatically”
- If the toggle was already set to “automatically” please toggle off, then on again
- Finally restart your device.