If you experience any issues while scanning the QR code, in order to help us narrow down the cause of this, please perform the following steps:
- Make sure to clear your browser cache and cookies, and log back into your Earth 2 account.
- Uninstall the Authenticator app on your personal phone, then re-install it again. Should Earth 2 not be the only app/website you use with the authenticator app, you can also delete the generated 6-digit codes associated with Earth 2 so we can have a clean start. You will need only one 6-digit code with Earth 2.
- Please open our website on a PC or Laptop. If you do not have access to a PC, you will need another device that can open the QR code.
- (iOS USERS ONLY) Do not use Safari or Chrome. Download Mozilla Firefox to open our website.
- Clear cache and cookies and get to the part where the QR code is visible.
- Next, on your personal phone, scan the QR code with the freshly installed Authenticator app.
- This will generate new 6-digits codes to set your 2FA. When you type it in the "Token" field under the QR code, make sure you do not click "Enter" on your keyboard. Scroll down and click "Next".
- In case the code is not working, please refer to this 2FA article in order to sync time and the Authenticator App.
- Finally, please also make sure to refer to our article about how to manage, set up and back up your 2FA codes here.
Additionally, If the issue persists submit a ticket providing us with the following information:
- Send us screenshots and/or images showing the error/issue.
- Please confirm the 2FA App you use.
- Confirm your Earth 2 email address (the email address you have used to sign up to Earth 2). It's easier to contact us using your Earth 2 email in such a case.